Monday 15 February 2010

Ch 20


20: Liberation-in-Life

Janaka said: 


Where are the elements, the body, 
the organs, the mind ? 
Where is the void ? 
Where is despair ? 
My nature is transparent clearness. 

Where is scripture ? 
Where is Self-knowledge ? 
Where is no-mind ? 
Where is contentment and freedom from desire ? 
I am empty of two-ness. 

Where is Knowledge and ignorance ? 
Where is I ? 
Where is this ? 
Where is mine ? 
Where is bondage and liberation ?  
Self has no attributes. 

Where is the unfolding of karma ? 
Where is liberation-in-life, 
or even liberation at death ? 
There is only One. 

Where is the doer or enjoyer ? 
Where is the origin or end of thought ? 
Where is direct or reflected knowledge ? 
There is no person here. 

Where is the world ? 
Where is the seeker of liberation 
Where is the contemplative ? 
Where is the man of Knowledge ? 
Where is the soul in bondage ? 
Where is the liberated soul ? 
My nature is Unity. 

Where are creation and destruction? 
Where is the end and the means? 
Where is the seeker? 
Where is attainment? 
I am One. 

Where is the knower ? 
Where is knowing ? 
Where is the known, or knowledge itself ? 
Where is anything ? 
Where is nothing ? 
I am pure Awareness. 

Where is distraction, concentration, 
knowledge or delusion? 
Where is joy or sorrow? 
I am Stillness. 

Where is the relative? 
Where the transcendent? 
Where is happiness or misery? 
I am empty of thought. 

Where is illusion? 
Where is existence? 
Where is attachment or non-attachment? 
Where is person? 
Where is God? 
I am Awareness. 

Where is activity or inactivity? 
Where is liberation or bondage? 
I am timeless, indivisible. 
I am Self alone. 

Where are principles and scriptures? 
Where is the disciple or teacher? 
Where is the reason for life? 
I am boundless, Absolute. 

Where is existence or non-existence? 
Where is Unity or duality? 
Nothing emanates from me. 
No more can be said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment