Monday 15 February 2010

Ch 12


12: Abiding in the Self

Janaka said: 

Becoming first intolerant of action, 
then of excessive speech, 
then of thought itself, 
I come to be here. 

Neither sounds nor other sense perceptions 
attract my attention. 
Even the Self is unperceived. 
The mind is free, undistracted, one-pointed. 
And here I am. 

Effort is required 
to concentrate a distracted mind 
superimposed with illusion. 
Knowing this, I remain here. 

Nothing to reject, 
nothing to accept. 
No joy, no sorrow. 
Lord God I am here. 

The four stages of life, 
life without stages, 
meditation, renunciation, objects of mind
nothing but distractions. 
I am forever here. 

Doing and not-doing 
both arise from ignorance. 
I know this. 
And I am here. 

Thinking of the unthinkable One 
unavoidably conjures thought. 
I choose no-thought  
and remain here. 

Blessed is he 
who attains this by effort. 
Blessed is he 
who is such by nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment